I adore driving. I also adore music. And I especially adore whoever invented Bluetooth audio for car radios. All I need in my car is gas and music and I’m set for a good time. Here’s some of my favourite songs (old and new), best enjoyed with the windows down and a friend in the passenger seat singing along:
1. Do I Wanna Know? – Arctic Monkeys
- Though AM was completely different from earlier albums, I loved it. Each song is pure gold, especially this one.
2. Latch – Disclosure ft. Sam Smith
- I can’t get enough of Sam Smith, and apparently neither can the charts. He’s featured on at least three songs (including one of his own) in the Top 40. I’ve had this song on repeat for weeks, and it still hasn’t gotten old.
3. Sweater Weather – The Neighbourhood
- The Neighbourhood is my favourite band, hands down. I’ve seen them live twice and I swear they’re even better in person. Sweater Weather is their most popular song but Afraid, Everybody’s Watching Me, and Jealou$y are all worth a listen.
4. Riptide – Vance Joy
- This song makes me happy, plain and simple.
5. Tennis Court – Lorde
- Lyrically, this song makes no sense to me. But the beat’s fun and it’s great to sing along to. If you’re in the mood for a staring contest, watch the video…
6. Waste – Foster the People
- Foster the People’s first album can be a summer soundtrack just on its own. Waste and Houdini are a couple of the best ones in an album of great songs.
7. Changing – Airborne Toxic Event
- I have yet to listen to this song without singing (screaming) the lyrics. Absolutely love it.
8. Apartment – Young the Giant
- Like Foster the People, Young the Giant’s first album dominated over the second. Apartment is more relaxed than Cough Syrup or My Body, but has the familiar sound Young the Giant is known for.
9. Shadow of a Man – Neulore
- I think this song has been used in movie trailers before because it’s just that good. Classic indie pump-up song, perfect for summer.